The original Sap Green, dating back to medieval times, was a watercolor pigment made from buckthorn berries, mixed with alum into a thick, sap-like syrup. Like the original, ours has a dark earthy mass tone and a rich yellow-green undertone.
- Paint Lines: Encaustic, Pigment Stick
- Opacity: Transparent
- Pigment Stick Drying Rate: Medium
- Lightfastness: I - Excellent
- Classification: Mixed
- Chemical Composition: Indian yellow + phthalo green + transparent iron oxide
- Safety Information: Conforms to ASTM D-4236